Tuesday, May 16

I am writing this on my laptop as I sit on the floor surrounded by cardboard boxes. We're moving to Denver this weekend, so I am putting the finishing touches on a few charms then packing away all my artsy belongings.

I have mixed feelings about packing up my art studio. On one hand, I get to go through an informally inventory my supplies, giving away things I no longer use. It's great knowing that when I unpack, I will put things away very deliberately and for a few brief moments I will see everything stacked so neatly, in it's place, exactly where it should be. On the other hand, having everything in boxes means that I am no longer surrounded with things like old coffee tins full of paint brushes and colorful scraps of glass- these are the types of things that make me feel at home.

I look forward to the new adventures I'm bound to find in the big city, but I will definitely miss everyone and everything that has made Fort Collins my true 'home' for the last 3 1/2 years.

No comments: