Thursday, May 18

beautiful synchronicity

We're getting ready to move to Denver in two days. One of my friends from work, Leane- knowing of my obsession with finding neat old treasures to use in creating- gave me a couple of vintage books she found at her church book sale the other day. As I was packing the books today something fell out of one of the books. I pick it up, and realize it is a beautiful old envelope with a graphic in one corner, a fancy little logo from The Daniels and Fisher Stores Co-- Denver, CO! It turns out that the Daniels and Fisher Store was the most prestigious department store in Denver for the first half of the century.

The envelope has an address on the front typed on an old typewriter- Mrs. M.W. Ball, 2277 Bellaire St., Denver, Colo. I looked this name up online, and it appears as though M.W. Ball is Max Waite Ball (the address matches up on a geneology site), a petroleum engineer who appeared to live in Colorado in the 1920's.

It turns out the clock tower in Denver is still standing in LoDo, now housing offices, so I will have to keep my eye out for it.

No comments: